Labels

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cave Creek Recreation Area, Sweetwater Entrance

I took my kids and met my friend with her kids at a park I'd never heard of before: the Cave Creek Recreation Area, Sweetwater Entrance.  This particular park has a bunch of small caves and tunnels.

When we pulled up and my kids saw the mounds/caves, they said "cool! This is perfect for playing wolves!"  As it turns out, they were also explorers, mountaineers and spies. 


This is a big park, with a big wash right behind it.  I noticed some teenagers skateboarding down there.  There was also someone playing with a big RC car.  The parking lot and the bathrooms are very close (there are no doors in the women's bathrooms and no soap, either).  Plenty of picnic tables.


The playground equipment itself is all right.  I've been to parks with a more impressive array of things on the playground.  Honestly, here my kids spent more time on the mounds and in the caves.  However, this park also has two sets of swings for both babies and big kids.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment