Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Poinsettia Festival at Gardener's World

It's the time of year, for those of us who do a photo card for our Christmas cards, to get that photograph taken.  When I heard about the Poinsettia Festival at Gardener's World, I thought that would be the perfect place!  So, we went with a friend and her daughter, who were thinking the same thing...although I believe she's going to use a beautiful photo she took of her daughter in a tree there, rather than one with the poinsettas....ANYWAY...

In the parking lot are the usual festival things - a few booths with wares for sale and some fair style food.  This is what we saw when we walked into the poinsettia retail tent...


I thought the retail tent was where the nicest photo opps were, unless you wanted to pony up for a professional photo out in the greenhouse.


We took a free tractor ride out to the greenhouse...


This is not even half of the greenhouse....


The amateur photo staging area in the greenhouse wasn't anywhere near as nice as the professional one, but the price was certainly right in amateur zone....


I did end up getting a photo of my three children for our Christmas cards that I was happy with.  For that alone, the trip was worth it.  We were only there for about an hour.  I don't know if they do more on Saturdays and Sundays (we went on a Friday).  It seems to me that they could've done a lot more to make it a real educational and entertaining festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment