Labels

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hall of Flame Firefighter's Museum

Today's field trip was to the Hall of Flame Firefighter's Museum.  It has been four years since the last time I took my kids, and I think it was every bit as much fun for them this time as last!  We had a large group of homeschoolers with us.  The kids participating ranged in age from 2 all the way to 16!  I love that about homeschooled kids - how they learn and experience life with such a diversity of ages.  The kids were broken up into two groups - under 7 and 8 and over.

The little kids started their trip with a story.

After their fireman's story, the little kids got to climb on a real fire truck.



Meanwhile, the older kids got a guided tour of the museum.




Both groups met up in the theater for a movie (that I'm pretty sure I saw when I was a kid doing fire safety at school!).



We concluded our field trip with the highlight of the day for most kids - the water activities!  They got to play a relay bucket game.




The wet part was as much fun for my kids back in 2007...



And finally, each kid got a chance to hold and spray a fireman's hose, which was also still as much fun four years later as it was when they were both littler!





This was a REALLY fun outing!  My youngest is 2 right now.  I will undoubtedly put this back on our to-do list in another two or three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment