Labels

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shrek at the Herberger Theater

 My kids and I recently joined a group of other homeschoolers to go see a production of "Shrek" at the Herberger Theater.

The theater is in downtown Phoenix.  I was able to get street parking, but since there is a two hour time limit, I had to leave right at the end of the play.




We were ushered into the theater.  The seats are a little small.  Not much leg room.  My knees were touching the back of the seat in front of me.

The lights dimmed, and the play started.



What I liked about this production was that it was totally low-tech and whimsical.  The costumes were quirky and cute. For example, when we met the dragon, it turned out to be a giant puppet controlled by actors donned in all black.  

We will go back in the future for other productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment