Labels

Monday, July 29, 2013

Chula Vista Olympic Training Center

Our search for more free activities in the greater San Diego area led us to the Chula Vista Olympic Training Center for a guided tour, which began in the visitor's center with a short movie about American Olympic athletes.








The tour itself followed "Olympic Trail" past all of the training fields for archery, beach volleyball, BMX, canoe/kayak, cycling, field hockey, rowing, rugby, soccer, tennis, and track and field.  While we were there, we got to watch as some of the up and coming stars of BMX trained on their track.





On the other side of "Olympic Trail" were things like athlete housing, the athlete recreation center, and the dining hall.

My big kids (14 and 11 at the time of the trip) and I found this tour fascinating.  My 4 year-old was less impressed, more concerned with her "starving" tummy and her "tired" feet.  I personally would not recommend this for families with young children.  I would have enjoyed myself more and learned more if I hadn't been dealing with a complaining preschooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment