Labels

Saturday, August 17, 2013

San Diego Waterfront

When I lived in Olympia, Washington, one of my favorite things to do on a sunny day was head downtown and walk along the boardwalk.  The wind would carry salty, Puget Sound air around.  There were boats docked at the marina.  Paddlers were out in kayaks and canoes.  Kites flew high in the air.  The city had built a fantastic playground just feet from the boardwalk in one area.  Living in Arizona, I cannot tell you how much I miss days like that.

I got a day like that with my oldest and youngest children while we were in San Diego.  It was awesome.  It didn't cost me a dime and I cannot wait to do it again sometime.


The bridge to Coronado....



Getting close to Seaport Village...


I love the unique and whimsical trees here...And kites!



I let my 4-year-old enjoy a ride on the vintage carousel.  She was in heaven!



All of that walking wore her out.  Fortunately, I'd had the foresight to pack my wrap.  It's more convenient than a stroller, especially for all of the ons and offs we did with the trolley.  She napped while I got to enjoy more of the waterfront, heading toward the USS Midway, with my oldest.


This was an absolutely fabulous day.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone spending time in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment